Guavus, Inc. is seeking an Analytics Intern. The successful candidate will work with our team of business analysts, scientists and engineers on the analysis and modeling of customers’ data and will contribute to the design of our analytics offerings.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or Science field with coursework in Linear Algebra and Statistics
- Analytical skills – ability to quickly analyze data to identify and visualize key insights – as evidenced by coursework or research requiring the analysis of large datasets applying machine learning (regression, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.)
- Algorithmic understanding of standard machine learning methods
- Experience using SQL to mine data
- Working knowledge of at least one of Java, Scala, Python and/or R
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and time-management skills
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement ETL & machine learning algorithms and benchmark their performances
- Perform data validation exercises, tracing data from source to applications to confirm implementation designs
- Analyze data and present insights
- Document data analysis work and results
Interested applicants matching the description below are urged to submit their specifying “Job ID: AAI0317” in the subject of the email.
The position is based in our San Mateo, CA headquarters with an internship period of May – September 2017.