· Bachelors/ Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
· A minimum of 8+ years- experience in a related position, as a Technology Architect providing technical leadership in technology selection.
· Current hands-on experience required; individual contributors only need apply.
· Design the technical architecture and make technology selections.
· Ability to understand business context and make optimum technology choices.
· Deep understanding of distributed, scalable and highly available architectures.
· Extensive experience in areas of big data application performance analysis and improvements.
· Implementation experience in designing & developing streaming and batch data processing solutions.
· Indepth understanding of challenges in implementing statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms, data mining, text mining.
· Active open source contributions.
· Passionate about driving architecture and design consensus across multiple teams.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills in the face of ambiguity.
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment when working in stressful situations.
· Big Data platforms like Hadoop and its eco-system (Spark, Hadoop, Flume, HBase, Hive, Map-Reduce, Oozie, Sqoop, Kafka, Storm and Spark streaming)
· Data Integration Tools (Talend, Nifi, Logstash, Fluentd)
· Data Concepts (ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
· Firm understanding of Programming/ scripting languages like Python, Java and/or R
· DevOps Tools (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins)
· Data Governance
· Data Access and Security
· NoSQL technologies
· Graph storage and processing (Janusgraph, GraphX, Graphframes)
· Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)