A Guavus Engineer – Operations Support is responsible for monitoring Guavus solutions on a 12×7 basis from India after our solutions are deployed in production environments, trials, and POCs. Our customers are typically Fortune 100 accounts adopting the Guavus Reflex application software for various ‘big data’ analytics projects. You will monitor our solutions for alarms and alerts for both hardware and software deployed at some of the most secure and tightly controlled data centers in the US and around the world. Additionally, you may be expected to provide preliminary troubleshooting support on complex systems deployed on leading technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc. You will gain invaluable experience working on monitoring and troubleshooting systems, which are using cutting edge big data technologies for top customers in the Telecom/Cable/Wireless space.
- Perform daily monitoring of solution health at both hardware and software level (Network, Storage, Servers, OS, Applications, etc.).
- Monitor alarms, alerts, and health reports from various solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor support queues and ensure that incoming tickets are assigned to program leads.
- Be the first level of support to attend customer calls for issues: record the details, generate tickets, and communicate to the program leads.
- Generate shift transition reports at the end of the day after coordinating with program leads for outstanding issues.
- Document guidelines on different types of alerts, alarms, and help the program leads with first level of issue analysis by collecting logs, information, and manual inspection of the system (if needed).
- Participate in shift rotation on weekends.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of Unix.
- Basic knowledge of Networking.
- Excellent multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Eager to learn and work beyond assigned responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an adaptive personality, intuitive nature, with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Desired Skills: Knowledge of using monitoring tools such as Nagios, Zabbix, etc.