Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the analysis, installation, configuration, user acceptance testing (UAT), and maintenance of proprietary Big Data Analytics software.
- Provide technical and functional domain support in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and debugging highly complex and challenging deployments using Unix/Linux based software and TCP/IP principles.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and partners to identify and isolate root causes of technical issues related to deployment of Big Data Analytics and troubleshooting.
- Test and debug new releases of Guavus software applications in preparation for field deployment.
- Develop, create, and modify applications software, including Big Data Analytics Software.
- Specifically, analyze customer needs and develop software solutions to fit.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of progressive experience as Field Solutions Engineer, Specialist Systems, or related occupation.
Must have prior work experience in the following:
- 1 year of experience with Big-Data distributed computing file systems technologies such as HDFS, Hadoop internals, MapReduce, Hive and Oozie;
- 1 year of Telecom/Cable/Wireless service delivery and/or IP data networking;
- 2 years of LAN/WAN environments and network protocols;
- 3 years of experience with open source tools/platforms, Linux/Unix internals, kernel process scheduling, device drivers/modules debugging, and multithreaded application environments;
- 2 years of experience with SQL and skills in scripting and operations level debugging in (Bash shell/python)
Application Instructions: Mail resume to Guavus, Attn: HR, 1800 Gateway Drive, Suite 160, San Mateo, CA 94404.
Must reference job code 72121 to be considered.