Guavus, Sr. Manager – Program Management should have an excellent balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations where autonomy is given. A solid understanding and experience with software development lifecycles and the Agile methodology is required. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is essential.
- Plan, initiate, and manage projects for Global Products and Solutions.
- Build strong relationships with internal teams and thoroughly understand their development processes and needs.
- Lead development teams using the Agile Scrum framework: run backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning, standups, monitor burn down charts, resolve impediments to achieving goals, and coordinate retrospectives.
- Working with product managers and solutions architects to defineand build towards product roadmaps and solution deliverables.
- Manage and maintain project backlogs and ensure forward momentum with project execution.
- Lead planning, execution, and delivery of large cross-functional initiatives.
- Partner with all levels of management on project execution and team efficiency.
- Resolve project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths.
- Manage dependencies between multiple projects.
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, mastery, innovation, and learning.
- Interact comfortably in one-to-one meetings with individual technical contributors and senior engineering and business leaders.
- Drive quarterly roadmap and resource planning activities and deliverables.
- Prepare and present program and project status to key stakeholders at regular intervals.
- Portfolio management:Drive project and resource prioritization, as well as project pipeline management.
- Overall 12+ years of expereince in the technology and software development domain.
- 5+ years experience managing projects and programs within an enterprise software organization.
- 2+ years experience managing projects using Agile Methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience in telecommunications networks 4G/LTE and big data technologies is a must.
- Technical experience in writing system requirements for analytics products & solutions that translate business requirements into system requirements.
- Experience managing data analytics programs or projects.
- B.S. or B.A. in an engineering or technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience with project management and operational tools such as JIRA, Smartsheet, Confluence wiki.
- Experience working within a production operations and/or IT organization.
- Good understanding of infrastructure technologies in systems, IP networks, voice, LTE domains is a plus.
- Experience applying Agile methodologies and practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) supporting multiple teams.
- Strong practical and advanced theoretical understanding of managing the lifecycle of large-scale programs and projects.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Strong communication skills; skilled at cross-functional and cross-organizational communication.
- Ability to traverse both vertically and horizontally in a large organization.
- Excellent balance of people, organizational, technical, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects.
- Proven leadership skills in highly volatile cross-functional and cross-organizational environments.
- Experience developing roadmaps and resource plans with senior management team.