Guavus provides dynamic solutions for data-rich businesses, so that they can gain a competitive advantage in creating more meaningful customer experiences.
A Sr. Scientist at Guavus is responsible for transforming an innovation idea or customer stated business need into a precise technical problem/hypothesis and leading the design and execution of a data mining/machine learning/machine intelligence solution. This includes creating the analytics solution, designing the measurements, and proving that the analytics solves the technical problem. In addition to the analytics team, our senior scientists work closely with our product management, engineering and field teams and represent the company in analytics discussions with customers, partners and at conferences.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated an ability to create novel, mathematically sound algorithms, perform proof of value and develop the code needed to move the research into production. Said person will have led the development of solutions to significant problems in a scientific and/or business data analysis domain.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Refine customers’ and internal ideas to solvable technical problems and create analytics solutions including identifying state of the art techniques to solve the problem.
- Quickly design and conduct tests with the associated data to ascertain a proof of value.
- Lead other team members on and contribute to implementations which convert the business problem definition into validated results with customers.
- Build predictive and/or prescriptive models in Java / Scala.
- Own core machine learning/intelligence modules and designs in our product lines.
- Must be self-driven and capable of prioritising, organising, and managing a substantial workload as well as supervising the work of others.
- Participate in the creation of mathematically based algorithms for use in the predictive and prescriptive, streaming analytics of high volume and high velocity Data.
- Ph.D. in an Engineering or Science field.
- A minimum of 5 years, post Ph.D., of experience in solving significant problems involving the analysis of terabytes of structured and/or unstructured data.
- Prior research evidencing a strong mathematical background and/or heavy emphasis on data analysis including data mining/machine learning/machine intelligence.
- Algorithmic understanding of advanced machine learning methods.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and at least one of Java, Scala or Python.
- Self-driven with the ability to collaborate as a respected domain expert in multidisciplinary technical team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences.
Desired Background :-
- Experience in security analytics.
- Expertise in text analytics.
- Expertise in neural networking.
- Knowledge of Hadoop and/or Spark.