Guavus, Inc. is seeking a senior scientist to join our Analytics team. The successful candidate will lead teams of scientists and engineers in the design of our analytics offerings and in providing analytics services to our customers. This is an exciting, highly technical role that is focused on enabling customers to create real, practical value through advanced analytics on their streaming data, both structured and unstructured. Interested applicants matching the description below are urged to submit their resumes/CVs to email@example.com specifying “Job ID: ANSS1216” in the subject of the email.
A Sr. Scientist at Guavus is responsible for transforming an innovation idea or customer stated business need into a precise technical problem/hypothesis and leading the design and execution of a data mining/machine learning/machine intelligence solution. This includes designing a set of measurements, validating datasets, creating and driving the implementation of the analytics solution. In addition to the analytics team, our senior scientists work closely with our product, engineering and field teams and represent the company in analytics discussions with customers and partners. A typical activity involves building models from multiple data sources to provide advanced analytics whose results are communicated via dashboards or directly to machines for action.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated an ability to create novel, mathematically sound algorithms, perform proof of value and write production quality code to move the research into production. Said person will have led the development of solutions to significant problems in a scientific and/or business data analysis domain.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Refine customers’ and internal ideas to solvable technical problems and create analytics solutions including identifying state of the art techniques to solve the problem
- Quickly design and conduct tests with the associated data to ascertain a proof of value.
- Lead other team members on and contribute to implementations which convert the business problem definition into validated results with customers
- Build predictive and/or prescriptive models in Java / Scala
- Own core machine learning/intelligence algorithms and designs in our product lines.
- Must be self-driven and capable of prioritizing, organizing, and managing a substantial workload as well as supervising the work of others
- Participate in the creation of mathematically based algorithms for use in the predictive and prescriptive, streaming analytics of high-volume and high-velocity data
- Document data analysis work and results
- Present results to colleagues, customers, and partners
- Mentor less senior team members
- Work effectively in a globally distributed team
- D. in an Engineering or Science field
- A minimum of 5 years, post-Ph.D, of experience in solving significant problems involving the analysis of terabytes of structured and/or unstructured data
- Prior research evidencing a strong mathematical background and/or heavy emphasis on data analysis including data mining/machine learning/machine intelligence
- Algorithmic understanding of advanced machine learning methods
- Expert knowledge of SQL and at least one of Java, Scala or Python
- Self-driven with the ability to collaborate as a respected domain expert in a multidisciplinary technical team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences
- Working knowledge of Spark/MLlib
- Expertise in text analytics including classification, NER, ontologies and other statistical/pattern techniques
- Experience working on Anomaly Detection, Churn Prediction and/or Root Issue Analysis in operations use cases
- Experience in networking or security analytics
- Knowledge of Map-Reduce, Hadoop and Spark