Experience:- 2 -3 years in product documentation along with instructional designing
Education: Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in any field, preferably Computers or English.
- MadCap Flare, Adobe FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Captivate
- Screen capture tool such as MadCap Capture or SnagIT
- Experience in Content Management Systems and Version Control Tools
- Write highly technical documentation (including conceptual, task-based, and reference documentation) that describes the platform software functionality
- Write content for installation guides, user guides, reference guides, Help systems, and troubleshooting guides
- Conduct interviews with various technical subject matter experts to gather information
- Research and transform complex technical concepts, specifications, and procedures into user-oriented information for non-technical and technical audiences
- Develop user documentation according to established quality guidelines
- Publish user documentation in a variety of formats, such as HTML Help and browser-based Help, compile and test online help
- Understand the business problem, learner profile, and the evaluation methodology to implement in the proposed learning solution
- Prepare materials for Instructor Development Workshops and Train the Trainers.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and written communication skills
- Work in an agile development environment
- Write topic-based user documentation
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, and quickly grasp complex technical concepts
- Work independently on given assignments, multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules
- Follow established processes and quality guidelines, and participate in developing new processes and quality guidelines
- Experience of Learning Content Design and Development Framework
- Analyze the characteristics of existing and emerging technologies and their use in an instructional environment.